Diabetes Treatment with Stem Cell Therapy
Diabetes is a metabolic disease characterized by high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. The common symptoms include frequent urination, increased thirst and increased hunger. The cause of Diabetes is either the pancreas is not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body are not responding properly to the insulin produced.
Types of Diabetes
Type 1 – or so called “insulin dependent diabetes” or “juvenile diabetes” – this is caused by the pancreas not working properly and not producing enough insulin.
Type 2 – this type can start with an insulin resistance, meaning that the cells fail to respond to insulin. In time, a lack of insulin may appear. This type is caused mainly by excessive body weight and not enough exercise.
Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetes
Using advanced stem cell therapy can prove to be effective to treat both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and prevent its usual complications such as damage of kidneys, arteries, eyes and other organs. Stem cell therapy combined with traditional treatment can help patients to witness improved conditions.
Benefits of Stem Cell Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes:
- Improve tissue condition that depends on insulin
- Prevents diabetes-related complications affecting organs like peripheral nerves, kidneys, eyes, etc.
- Beta cells are responsible for making insulin, stem cell therapy ends the auto aggression of cell-mediated immunity factors against beta cells
- Prevents beta cell destruction that are active during the treatment
- Restores and improves functional capacity of own beta cells of the patient
Benefits of Stem Cell Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes:
- Reduces glucose and pathologic lipids production by liver cells
- Decreases atherogenic hyperinsulinemia
- Restores peripheral tissue sensitivity to insulin
- Reduce hypoglycemic medication dosage
- Improves arterial walls’ condition that prevents atherosclerosis and its complications
The benefits of stem cell therapy for diabetes patients can be more effective if the lifestyle followed is healthy. This may lead to possible decrease in the dosage of hypoglycemic medication. Some of the common benefits of stem cell treatment for diabetes include:
- Immunity boost
- Reduced frequency and severity of diabetes-related complications
- Longer remission period
- Improved sex life
- Improved energy to exercise
- Normalized blood count
- Overall better quality of life
Diabetes Treatment for Children using Stem Cell Therapy
Stem cell therapy can be highly effective to treat type 1 diabetes mellitus among children. It may lead to:
- Better and easier management of diabetes
- Immune boosting
- Prevention of complications resulting due to diabetes
- Prevention of fluctuations in blood sugar level
- If treatment starts at early stage, it may prevent beta cell production by pancreas
- Better overall general and health development
It is to be noted that stem cells can be very effective if it starts during the early stages of diabetes. It mainly aims to manage diabetes for long term and prevent the complications generated due to the disease.
For more details about stem cell treatment for diabetes, click the button below: