Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy Abroad
Table of Content
Diabetic retinopathy is a severe medical condition that affects the eyes due to extreme complications of diabetes. The blood flow in the eyes is reduced due to such syndrome and affects the vision. In extreme cases, it can also cause blindness. This can affect people suffering from Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Too much sugar in the blood blocks the blood vessels and eventually blocks the eyes. Uncontrolled blood sugar in Diabetic patients develops diabetic retinopathy.
In the case of Early Diabetic Retinopathy or Non-proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy, new blood cells do not grow in the eyes and blood and fluid leaks from the blocked blood vessels. The retinal vessel becomes larger as the macula start swelling.
In the case of Advanced Diabetic Retinopathy the blood vessels are completely blocked. I flew it converts into jelly and accumulates in the center of the eye. In the process of developing new blood vessels, the retina gets detached and causes prevention in the fluid to pass normally within the eye. It creates pressure in the eyeball and can cause blindness and glaucoma as well.
Risk factors regarding the development of diabetic retinopathy
- The chances of growing diabetic retinopathy depend on the tenure of diabetes affecting a person.
- It is also dependent on the blood sugar levels and its fluctuation rate.
- High blood pressure also causes blockage by creating pressure on the blood vessels.
- High cholesterol is another big reason that causes blockage of blood vessels
- Pregnancy with diabetes is a crucial phase when the mom-to-be is more prone to developing eye problems
- Consumption of tobacco damages the blood vessels and blocks it.
- People of certain races like the blacks, Hispanics and Native Americans are more prone to developing diabetic retinopathy than other racial types.
Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy
The diabetic retinopathy indiscriminately affects both eyes. The symptoms of diabetic retinopathy include:
- Blurred vision
- Fluctuating vision
- Complete vision loss
- Spots or dark strings floating in your field of vision (so-called “eye-floaters”)
- The impaired vision for colors
- Dark or empty areas in your vision
Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
The three vital ways of treating diabetic retinopathy are:
- Laser surgery
- Vitrectomy, and
- Injections of synthetic glucocorticoid into the eye
However, none of these treatment procedures were able to completely cure diabetic retinopathy. They gave only periodic relief from the symptoms and relapse later.
As the research and studies in the field of stem cells have developed, it has become one of the effective ways of treating diabetic retinopathy by growing new healthy blood vessels.
In this treatment stem cells are collected from the bone marrow of the hip or tibia region. The autologous stem cells of the human body are used and injected in the patient’s body through a non-invasive IV procedure into the ocular cavity. This helps the body to remain safe from an allergic reaction. The stem cells create new blood vessels in the body and repair the damage caused due to retinopathy diabetes.
Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy
The benefits of choosing Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy are:
- Works well with medication and other diabetes management treatments
- Heals the diabetic retinopathy, instead of just relieving the symptoms
- May induce improvement in other tissues as well
- Uses the body’s own building blocks to achieve the necessary results
- Minimizes or completely removes the risk of future relapses of the condition
Cost of Stem Cell Treatments for Diabetic Retinopathy
The treatment cost of stem cell therapy for retinopathy diabetes is different at different medical tourism countries. Cost of the treatment varies from $2,000 to $20000 on an average at various countries. Developing countries with lower cost of living offer cheaper packages of stem cell therapy for retinopathy diabetes.
Choosing the Right Clinic and Treatment
It is very important to choose a clinic with good repute and dependable certification. The clinic should have a current license and all-important infrastructures in it. There are many clinics those provide best Stem cell treatments at affordable prices. Research on these price list and shortlist the most suitable one for you.
If you are already suffering from diabetic retinopathy and want to know how stem cell therapy can help you, feel free to contact us and find out more.
Stem cell treatments, research, and technology are no longer relegated to sci-fi novels or movies. Research and development of stem cells also go way beyond the use of embryonic stem cell therapy, the potential of cloning human beings and the moral and ethical controversies surrounding such developments.